As I excitedly count down the days until the release of the Dancers Among Us book by Workman Publishing this fall, I realize each day that passes means less and less time for me to capture the amazing dancers that grace the U.S.
So folks, it’s crunch time. There are still so many phenomenal dancers that I would love to photograph. To keep my eye on the target, I've collected a few names for this Dancers Among Us Wishlist, because there is nothing wrong with dreaming big:
- Aszure Barton
- Bill T. Jones
- Camille A. Brown
- Benoit Swan-Pouffer and Cedar Lake Contemporary Ballet
- Desmond Richardson/Dwight Rhoden and Complexions Contemporary Ballet
- the Cast of Glee
- Gallim Dance
- Gus Solomons Jr.
- Keigwin + Company
- Misty Copeland and American Ballet Theatre
- Neil Haskell and the cast of Bring it On: The Musical
- Robert Battle of Alvin Ailey
- The Rockettes
- Savion Glover
- So You Think You Can Dance stars Nick Lazzarini and Travis Wall
- the stars of the Step Up movies
- Stephen Petronio
There are far too many celebrities who could bust-a-move for Dancers Among Us:
- Channing Tatum
- Ellen DeGeneres
- Natalie Portman and Benjamin Millepied
- Taye Diggs
And of course, the God of Dance: Mikhail Baryshnikov!
I would be so incredibly honored to photograph you all as Dancers Among Us. If you recognize your name on my “wish-list”, or have any connections to make this happen, e-mail me at email@example.com. If you are able to help, I'd love for you to accompany me on a shoot!
Until then, I'll be crossing my fingers, rubbing rabbits feet, wishing upon many 11:11's, and praying to the photography gods for my wishes to come true...